Oat and Raisin Cookies
This is a delicious recipe for soft & chewy oat and raisin cookies. They are simple to make, budget friendly and you can play around with the recipe adjusting it to your taste. This is perfect with a cup of tea and not as high in calories as shop brought cookies.
200g porridge oats
100g plain flour
100g light brown sugar
85g butter (soften)
pinch of salt
1tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour into a bowl to remove any lumps. Add the baking powder and salt to flour.
- Add the porridge oats and raisins to the flour.
- Whisk the butter and sugar in a separate bowl. Beat in the egg.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet mixture and mix well.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and form into a little balls and place them on a tray, flatten them a little so they cook through.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes until lightly coloured.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cook.