When I have a busy week ahead of me, I like to make a batch of granola. It is a quick energy-boosting, healthy breakfast. I like to serve it with cold milk or plain yogurt.
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoon coconut oil
- 300 g rolled oats
- 150 g dried fruit (raisins, sultanas, dates, apricots)
- 150 g mixed nuts
- 40 g sunflower seeds
- 40 g pumpkin seeds
- 30 g desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Place the oats, seeds and nuts in a baking pan.
- Add the coconut oil and honey to the oaty mixture and spread out in an even layer with the wooden spoon.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes, turning every 10 minutes to get an even colour.
- Remove the tray from the oven and mix in the dried fruit.
- Once the granola has cooled store the granola in jars or an airtight container for up to 1 month.