Creamy Cauliflower Soup
When it is cold outside, there is nothing better than a bowl of hot soup. Cauliflower is an amazing vegetable as you can create so many dishes with it i.e. cauliflower rice, roasted cauliflower and the list goes on. This soup is creamy, healthy and very comforting. Sprinkle with roasted seeds, cubes of cheddar cheese and a crusty roll.
2 tablespoon Olive oil
1 large Onion
1 large Cauliflower (about 900g/2lb)
1 large Potato
700ml Vegetable stock
1-2 tbsp finely snipped Chives
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Slice the onion and place them into the pan. Cook until they softened, about 5 mins, stirring often.
- Trim the leaves and cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Chop the potato into small cubes.
- Add the cauliflower, potato, stock, milk and seasoning to the pan.
- Bring it to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for about 30 mins, until the cauliflower and potato are soft.
- Blend in a food processor until you get a creamy, thick soup.
You can make the soup ahead up to 2 days in advance, cool, cover and leave in the fridge until needed or you can freeze it for up to 1 month. When ready to serve, warm through, ladle into bowls, top with cheese if desired, then stir through before eating.